Le Challonge*** situated on the Square Duguesclin in Dinan, is one of the oldest hotels in the medieval town, which is now city of historical and cultural heritage. In the mid-1820s , the hotel was ran by the butler Jean Semery, born in the 18th century, with the help of his wife, and their children : one as a valet parking, two as housekeepers and one son as a stable boy. Then, in the mid-1830s, a certain Louis Leroy, butler, took over with his wife Adele, assisted by a manager and some servants. During the Second Empire, Jean Le Guillou took over the business, with his family, and held the hotel until the late nineteenth’s. Shortly before 1900, Ernest Marguerite, born in Le Havre in 1867, and his wife Rosalie Hoguet, born in Dinan, arrived to run the place, surrounded by a little more consistent staff: maids, waitresses and some cooks. At the “Belle Epoque”, at a time when tourism was spreading, “Marguerite Hotel” was being ranked among the most famous hotels in Dinan. The property was deemed to be one of the best throughout the twentieth century. Bearing the name of Hotel Marguerite, the hotel was managed respectively by MM. Anselme Pot, 1930, Michel Flaujac postwar and George Quinton in 1960. Later, the building benefited of an elegant restoration in 1995, the restaurant became “Le Longueville” and our Hotel “Le Challonge”.